Thursday 21 April 2011

I apologize for the amount of time between this and my last post, it's been rather difficult to adjust to the crazy hours I've been working.

So we've got a few events under our belts now, and are moving quickly towards being open full time.  So far, it's been a retirement party, and the opening social for our ladies' league.  Both seem to have gone off without much grief, and the food was well received.  Tonight is the opener for the mens' league, and tomorrow is fish fry Friday. 

I've been working rather interesting hours, and it's amazing to have gone from a job where you're glued to a computer and having to work exactly 8 hrs a day, to one where you're running around like mad and working anywhere from 8-12 hr days.  I've not seen a day longer than 12 yet, but have been told by friends in the industry to expect them. 

I'm slowly but surely getting into the swing of things, and having a blast the whole time.  The folk I work with are amazing and very patient, but have the same passion for great food.  It's been fun to play with ingredients and see where the flavours can go, as well as learning new techniques on old favourites that I hadn't before considered. 

I hope to be able to update with more regularity as my schedule stabilizes and I get more used to the physical aspects of this career path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment