Tuesday 24 April 2012

Passion

Good day Ladies and Gents!
Another day has arrived and with it, a question "What is passion?"
Passion is many things to many people.  To a cook it can be that thing that drives you through late nights and early mornings, pushes you through the pain, gets you through long hours, lets you work hard and play harder.

Passion is the mother of invention, that which causes you to aspire to reach new heights, and strive for excellence no matter how much you have been overwhelmed.

This passion can be found in many fields, not just this one.  But I have found that passion makes it so much better.  Yeah, I've had days where my alarm goes off at 6am and the last thing I want to do is leave my warm bed and go cook breakfast, but I go do it anyway.  Cooking is becoming my zen, my happy place, if you will, and even if I get stressed, I love it here.

I keep pushing through and trying to learn more, and I'm starting to feel more confident with this job.  As a result, I am being given more responsibilities.

I'm doing more on breakfast, like eggs and meat, instead of just toast, expediting and plating.

I hope this year to push myself to be able to handle the line on my own or at the very least, with a little assistance.

This year promises to be an interesting one.  And I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment